Drysdale Properties are proud to present Johnston Hall, a historic 6 bedroom manor house set in 9.5 acres of beautiful grounds, dating back to the 15th Century with two fully functioning holiday cottages, detached stone building with planning consent for a 2 bed 2 bathroom, another part converted 1 bed cottage, a large stone barn formerly a Coach House with further development potential subject to planning, a walled vegetable garden, an old tennis court that is now laid to lawn, a large galvanized green barn, log store and stable building, charming mature grounds, 4 grazing fields and a beautiful pond area.
This property offers huge development & investment potential, with two holiday cottages already up and running bringing in around £800 - £1000 weekly. Further potential to create more holiday cottages around the grounds subject to planning. The two holiday cottages and further 1 bed cottage adjoin the main house, and can adjoin each other, offering the potential to open these up into larger living spaces if preferred.
The main property is approached by a sweeping driveway which comes in via two stone pillars with wrought iron gates, tree lined on one side with lawns on the other. This leads to the large main courtyard with parking for many vehicles, further leading through an archway to the rear area where there is separate access to the lane next to the entrance. This is used for the holiday cottages to have their own separate access to the cottages.
Johnston Hall – Main House
- Wooden entrance door to porch, double wooden doors with stained glass leading to inner hall
- Original tiled floor, corniced ceiling, radiator, staircase to first floor with doors to most ground floor rooms and the cellar. Leading to:
Snug Room (4.9m x 4.2m)
- Sash window overlooking the courtyard, fireplace with slate tiled hearth and cast iron wood burning stove, radiator, corniced ceiling, four wall lights, large log store with bar vaulted ceiling and window to side.
Farm House Style Kitchen/Breakfast Room (8m x 3.92m)
- Fitted with an extensive range of bespoke pine units with solid wood worktops, matching island unit, larder cupboard, Belfast sink with mixer tap, space for dishwasher, oil-fired four oven Aga with tiled splash back and pine mantel shelf over, sash window to front elevation, exposed ceiling beams, Spanish slate tiled flooring, part glazed door to:
Rear Porch (5.40m x 1.57m)
- Windows to front and side overlooking the courtyard area, door leading to the courtyard, slate tiled floor.
L Shaped Boiler Room (2.54m x 1.8m)
- Situated off the kitchen with new Grant oil-fired boiler installed in 2014 serving the heating system and hot water, hot water cylinder, plumbing for washing machine, window to side.
Cloakroom (2.69m x 1.5m)
- With window to side, WC and wash hand basin.
Main Lounge Area (8.21m x 4.86m)
- Two full height windows overlooking the rose garden, bay window to the side elevation with French doors leading out, fireplace with tiled surround and ornate mantel piece over containing a Fisher wood burning stove, radiator, picture rail and corniced style ceiling with ceiling rose.
Family Dining Room (8.18m x 6.17m)
- Two bay windows and arched alcove with two French doors opening to and overlooking the rose garden, fireplace with tiled hearth and wood burning stove, mantel over, corniced style ceiling, two radiators.
- This is approached via a wooden door off the Entrance Hall next to the stairway, stone steps leading down to the cellar, two barrel vaulted ceilings, wine storage areas measuring 2.4m x 2.2m (7'10" x 7'3") each which form and interesting feature.
First Floor Half-landing with French door to Juliet balcony, stairs up to main landing with two radiators.
Master Bedroom (7.25m x 4.96m)
- Sash window to front with built-in window seat/storage, door to balcony from one of the recess areas, below this is an interesting "Priest Hole" which lies to one side of the fireplace in the sitting room below, the second recess has a window to the side, two doors leading into a walk-through wardrobe, radiator, corniced style ceiling, access to roof space.
Bedroom 2 (5.24m x 4.92m)
- Bay window to the south east and further window south west, radiator, door leading to bedroom 3:
Bedroom 3 (3.44m x 2.44m)
- Window to the rear, door leading to Bedroom 2- which could allow this room to be used as a dressing room or en suite.
Shower Room (4.32m x 2.09m)
- Double shower cubicle, pedestal hand basin, low flush WC, part tiled walls, window to front courtyard, spot lighting, radiator.
Bedroom 4 (4.16m x 3.6m)
- With three steps leading down from the landing, sash window to front with window with seat/storage, radiator, door to
En suite Shower Room
- Tiled shower cubicle with Mira Sport electric shower, wall mounted hand basin, low flush WC, extractor fan.
Bedroom 5 (3.77m x 3.67m)
- Window to rear elevation, radiator.
Bedroom 6 (4.86m x 3.74m)
- Window south west, bay window north west, radiator with cast iron surround and grate with mantel piece over and radiator.
Rear Landing (1.94m x 4.22) with window to front and door to:
Bathroom (4.10m x 2.32m)
- Two steps up from the landing, window north east, stripped pine panel walls, free standing roll top bath, high flush WC, marble top ornamental hand basin, towel rail/radiator, corniced ceiling.
Linen Cupboard (3.51m x 1.68m)
- Three steps up from the rear landing with extensive slatted shelving, pipework and controls for PV panels, hot water cylinder and system for cottages.
Johnston Hall - Matterport Virtual Tour - Click HERE
There are three cottages attached to the main house, two of which are 'up and running' the third is used for storage and needs refurbishment. Both used cottages have been fitted with uPVC double glazed windows and doors.
Living Room/Kitchen (6.44m x 5.44m)
- Wood burning stove on stone hearth, fitted floor units with inset sink unit, hard wood worktops, recess for washing machine and dishwasher, radiator, staircase to first floor, doors to front and rear patio areas, stair case to first floor:
Master Bedroom (6.75m x 4.15m)
- Two windows overlooking the courtyard, Velux roof light on other side above staircase, door to:
Ensuite Shower Room (1.90 x 1.94)
- Shower cubicle, hand basin, low flush WC, tiled walls, radiator and towel rail.
The Lavington - Matterport Virtual Tour - Click HERE
Which has a quirky layout with ground floor Entrance Hall, opening to:
Double Bedroom (3.62m x 3.06m)
- Window overlooking the rear garden, door leading to:
En suite Shower Room (2.40m x 1.82m)
- With shower, wash hand basin, and low flush wc.
Living Room/Kitchen (4.79m x 5.73m)
- Fitted kitchen units with work top, stainless steel single drainer sink unit, radiator, stone slab with wood burning stove and impressive brick fireplace surround. Staircase leading to:
Second Double Bedroom (4.26m x 5.56m)
- With three windows to one side overlooking the garden area, and a fourth window on the other overlooking the courtyard. Door leading to:
En suite Shower Room (1.555 x 2.15m)
- With double shower, wash hand basin tiled walls, and low flush WC.
The Seymore - Matterport Virtual Tour - Click HERE
Cottage 3 – The Florence
Currently this is used for storage and requires some attention to bring it into full use. This offers a ground floor living room with bedroom and potential en suite above.
The Florence - Matterport Virtual Tour - Click HERE
Detached Stone Building
This comprises of a stone built structure currently used for garaging measuring approximately 16.7m x 4.5m (54'9" x 14'9"). This has full planning consent for conversion to a two bedroom holiday unit with work already commenced in the form of the re-roofing of the structure with Welsh slates. This building has mains electricity connected and mains water nearby and a storage building for oil-tanks of timber clad block construction with a slate roof opposite.
Magnificent Traditional Stone Built Barn
Which would formerly have contained stables, coach house and grooms’ quarters. This measures approximately 30m x 5m (98'5" x 16'5") overall and is two storey structure with much work already commenced in terms of improvements to the upper floors. Phase three electricity supply.
Briefly it comprises: Garaging with double doors at end, Stable Block with traditional features and tack room alongside, Open Wains House with rooms and accommodation above. This stone building has great appeal and terrific prospects for its conversion into additional holiday lets subject to planning consents.
Behind the main buildings is a walled vegetable garden, which in its own right may get consent for a single dwelling as separate access is available. There is also an old Tennis Court which is now laid to lawn. Next to this is a large green shed with log store and stable block next to it, overlooking grazing areas leading down to a beautiful pond area with further land leading off. The remainder of the grounds are filled with mature trees and shrubbery, providing a high degree of privacy. The land measures approximately 9.5 acres, ideal for those with horses or grazing animals.
This property is a must view to appreciate and is packed full of further investment and income potential. Once you enter the gates to Johnston Hall you could be anywhere in the world, a completely blissful, peaceful and tranquil environment.
The solar panels we are advised are owned and are located on the roof of the holiday cottages. We are advised the current owners received approximately £2000 per annum
EPC Rating: E-54
Heating: Oil Central Heating
Glazing: Double Glazing throughout Johnston Hall, The Lavington, The Seymour
Council Tax Band: E - £1848.27 (Holiday Cottages under business rates)
Tenure: We are advised Freehold
The village of Johnston is located around 3 miles south of the county town of Haverfordwest which gives a great central location for accessing the nearing towns and beaches. The stunning Pembrokeshire Coastline is within easy reach with beautiful sandy beaches such as Tenby, Newgale, Broad Haven, Bosheston, Freshwater East, Saundersfoot and many more!
Johnston itself has a train station only a 5 minute walk away, along with schools, shops, pubs and other amenities. Haverfordwest offers a wide range of amenities including the Leisure Centre, swimming pool, cinema, primary and secondary schools and college, along with supermarkets and retail outlets.
APPROX DISTANCES TO:
From Johnston Hall to: Haverfordwest (4mile), Broad Haven (6.2mile), Milford Haven (4mile), Neyland (4.7mile), Newgale (12mile), Pembroke Dock (6.3mile), Pembroke (7.6mile), Narberth (15mile), Freshwater West (15mile), Bosherston (13mile), Tenby (17mile), Saundersfoot (17mile), Solva (16mile), St Davids (19mile).
These particulars whilst believed to be accurate are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements of representation of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. Services, appliances and equipment referred to in the sales details have not been tested and no warranty can therefore be given. Any areas measurements or distances are given as a guide only and may not be precise.
REGISTER TO OUR BUYER LOOKING LIST...
Johnston Hall, Johnston, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire - £1,275,000 o.i.r.o
Get Social with Us!
Click above to view our Facebook Page with over 6.4k Followers